We are learning about local and global communities in grade 2. To give the students an opportunity to fill the buckets of others, we are collecting small items for two shoeboxes which will be sent to children in need over the Christmas Holiday. We are also collecting change to cover the cost of shipping these care packages. Our goal is to raise $14. Any extra money will be donated to the local food bank.
Suggestions for the Shoebox:
- small toys (uninflated soccer ball, stuffies, dolls, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes)
- school supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, notebooks, colouring books, etc)
- non-liquid hygiene items (toothbrushes, bar of soap, washcloth, hair clips, combs)
- Drawings and Personal Notes
Do Not Include:
- used items
- beakable items
- Items that could melt, leak or freeze
- weapons or war related toys
We will be sending our Shoebox on Wednesday, November 18th.